Style Beats- Where the beats (or jams) of music combine with the aesthetics and moods of photos and fashion.
With this blog I plan to to write about my two greatest inspirations: music and fashion. Music is infectious! It inspires my imagination (I am somewhat of a daydreamer) and it effects my creative mood. I am constantly being inspired by my favorite songs and editorial photos while I am collaging, drawing, and, yes, even deciding what to wear. I'm a bit of a fashion freak at times.
With my blog, Style Beats, I hope that I can inspire readers!
So, enough of the cheesy-ness, & tune in for the thoughts of a serial dreamer.
I absolutely love Best Coast. From the West Coast, their music is sweet and jingly. Their songs are a daydreamer's world; I get lost sipping iced tea in a setting of fields, floating around in long creamy dresses with flowers in my hair.
This song is for lazily hanging out by the beach, wildly running down sun-beaten sidewalks, chewing bubblegum, my idle dream, or whatever it is you feel like doing on a deserted summer day.

Hanging out with your sun-bleached, beach hair.. The West Coast vibe. (Vans ad)


I love this shot. It's eerie and somewhat lonely, as Cherrie makes her way across the cracked asphalt, passing a lone car. It somehow goes along with the laziness of "When I'm With You". (screenshot from The Runaways)

(scan of my collage; picture from Teen Vogue)
(left: Dior F'11; Rodarte F'10)

Chasing pavements.. in Missoni? (French Vogue)

I just had to include this; it's too perfect! Floating in a picture-printed, field dress! (Rodarte F'11)



love that yellow knit dress with the gray knee socks
ReplyDeletecouturelust
Thanks for your comment :)
ReplyDeleteI love this selection of photos.
Gorgeous graments and taste.
x
Daphne @ http://styliseddialogue.blogspot.com/